Did you mean: 

Cant unlock

Unlockproblem
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to unlock my phone as my iPhone is locked to O2
And it doesn’t allow me to do it what should I do as it given me an email saying
The imei hasn’t been used on our network with the MPN provided, what does that mean help me need to unlock
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to put an O2 sim in the phone and use it for a couple of calls so that the phone registers on their systems Then they will unlock it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to put an O2 sim in the phone and use it for a couple of calls so that the phone registers on their systems Then they will unlock it.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Unlockproblem 

Follow the guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

OhToo
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I assume we need to resubmit the unlock form after this usage?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

All explained in the guide posted above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

OhToo
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks to those in this thread and o2 Community for a really useful service. Not often I praise anything run by a mobile network but this invaluable advice resolved an issue which defeated several 'experts' for nearly a week. I even had a trip to an Apple Genius booked. 

The phone was gifted by someone who was certain he bought it outright and only ever used it on GiffGaff. Seems it was locked to o2 the whole eight years he had it!

It didn't occur to me that unlocking required the sim & phone to have some usage to register on the system. It would have been good if the form or error message had mentioned that. All networks now work fine and as a Fandroid, I'm enjoying learning this wierd and occasionally wonderful OS. 

Message 7 of 7