Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken phone

BennyBee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have an iPhone 8, have dropped it and the glass has smashed and now there is a black blob on the screen. Would I be better off trying to get it fixed or should I swap it for a new one. My contract doesn’t finish until February 2022 so I know I’ll have to pay for a replacement. I would appreciate advice on this. Thank you 🐝

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BennyBee 

It's £152 for an official screen repair to an iPhone 8 so weigh that up against the cost of upgrading now.

You could probably also sell the 8 damaged and get £80 or so for it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BennyBee 

It's £152 for an official screen repair to an iPhone 8 so weigh that up against the cost of upgrading now.

You could probably also sell the 8 damaged and get £80 or so for it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

BennyBee
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. How would I find out what phone I could replace it with and how much it would cost? Again, thank you 🐝

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BennyBee 

text INFO to 85075 to see how much you need to pay to upgrade, then have a look in the shop pages to see what you like and you can then upgrade in your MyO2 or in any O2 store.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

BennyBee
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much 🐝

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6