cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCKED iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought a broken iPhone 4 from ebay. Having spent many hours rebuilding the phone, I find , that , although the phone is UNLOCKED to any network, it is BLOCKED to UK networks ( CheckMend ).

Is there any way that I can find which network it was originally assigned too, and why it was BLOCKED ?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149328 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Common shady eBay practice unfortunately - I'd be straight onto the Police as well as eBay and Paypal etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No.

It'll be a stolen phone or one reported lost or stolen.

Even if you knew what network it was in and why you couldn't unblock it. Only the network and original owner can.

Send it back and or start a dispute.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 149328 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Common shady eBay practice unfortunately - I'd be straight onto the Police as well as eBay and Paypal etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 649 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

We get so many instances of this happening on the community. People just should not run the risk of buying a mobile phone off ebay. As stated there is nothing you can do but to chase recompense through ebay and the police.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should get your money back as long as it was advertised as a unlocked phone but I would never buy a phone on ebay myself
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 149328 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
I can guess the wording of the ad on ebay....
"Unlocked, smashed screen, untested so may have other faults" wink
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes most probably we can only hope wink
Message 7 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 188 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

M15 typed:

""Unlocked, smashed screen, untested so may have other faults" :manwink:

You can sum that up in one word.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 649 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

MI5
  • 149328 Posts
  • 671 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

I'm wondering if what's stopping the iPhone is Apples Activation Lockout security protocols.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13695

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If the iPhone was on iOS 7.

Might be worth contacting the seller and asking that.

OP says checkmend confirms it's IMEI blocked?

Message 10 of 11