Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch

Sbeecee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m hoping someone can help as I’m a complete technophobe. I have an iPhone XR and would like to add an Apple Watch to my plan for my young daughter to use. She doesn’t need a phone as such but I would like her to have a way of contacting me and other family members and being contactable. I understand that o2 have to assign a lead number to the watch but other than taking out a separate phone contract in my daughters name for both an iPhone and watch is there an easy way for me to have an Apple Watch that works independently from my phone. Could I have a second phone number registered to my account? Thank you
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Sbeecee A second phone number would require a new contract, which you could add to your account, but you'd be paying for both.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

@Sbeecee 

In short, no.

The only way would be to link the watch to your phone with a data plan, which would allow the phone to be used independently, but would mean that your daughter would be unable to contact you, as it would effectively be your phone that she was using and you can't call yourself.

A cheap, basic PAYG phone would be more useful.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3