Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

TomHammo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to start by saying that the customer service I have received from O2 is the worst I've ever had!! 

Let me explain the problem.

I was with Vodafone for 10+ years without many issues but the coverage in my area was very average. Friends of mine said...Go with O2, they are great! 

So I got my PAC code for me and my wife and waited to be transferred. I signed up the O2 app and received two eSims with my old number on. So far, so good.

Signal was great and I managed to get a great deal sim only. 

No onto connecting my Apple Watch Ultra 2 (bought from curries) and my wife's Apple Watch 8 (bought through Vodafone)

The Apple Watch ultra 2 was brand new so never connected. I went through the setup on the Apple Watch app, signed into O2 and then........Error 08. Yes I hear you saying, that is an easy solution, Unpair watch (again) and try again....no, no,no. 

I have never been able to connect this watch to O2. I have probably spoken to 50+ O2 people and every time they say they will try and fix and call me back. They never do. 

I have had an open ticket about this for a month and no one calls. Apparently one of the back office team  tried to call me during the day (funny old thing I was working). Because I didn't answer the call they closed the case and said the issue was fixed??? NO it has not been fixed. 

So let's start again and open yet another ticket. This one has been going for a few weeks now with no one calling me back.

The icing on the cake is that they have just sent me my bill for the two data plans (Apple Watch airtime) that have never been connected to our watches. The lady yesterday said you have to pay for the data plan or cancel it. WHAT? 

When I was with Vodafone, I got an Apple Watch 6 and connected it within 5 minutes. No problem. 

Vodafone were even able to manually connect my watch when I had a new phone using the EID number. O2 cannot do this for some reason.

I am now in limbo with two airtime plans that they want me to pay for and no connection to the watches.

If there is anyone out there who has solved this issue then please let me know as O2 just will not sort this. 

Thanks for listening. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sounds as if an escalation to @Dave-O2 here may help you, @TomHammo - watch for a PM from him here on the forum in the next couple of days looking for more info - your FB messenger handle, etc. Hold tight!

Message 11 of 13

TomHammo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help

Message 12 of 13

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 787 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@TomHammo Can you please drop me a PM with your mobile number and I'll take a closer look.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 13 of 13