Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Mark2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Does anybody know if and when o2 will be able to launch Apple Watch GPS on their platform. I’m fed fed up with my EE friends going on about how good it is .............

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
So basically as we all knew. O2 won’t be supporting the Watch again.
Message 11 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

So it's quite simple, you need another network to enjoy the full functions of the Apple Watch as we have been advising since launch. Customers need to do their research. ....

Yes, exactly how I understand it!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 22

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have never bothered with the Apple watch. I have a Garmin watch that does alomost everything the Apple watch does except you cannot reply form the watch to texts and emails with Iphone(Andrpid you can) but to be honest how often do you really do that once the initial novelty has worn off. My watch will play music independantly from my phone(on board music storage) and I can upload sat nav routes to it. It also has one of the best heart rate monitors out there and probably the best cycling tracking I've used. It was also anounced and the recent CES that they are launching an E-sim version of it.

Who needs an overpiced Apple watch that you have to download separate apps to do specific tracking(such as cycling).

Be brave look beyond the Apple Watch

Message 13 of 22

Ajking77
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not heard anything yet. I read somewhere this was going to happen in the first quarter / half of 2019??? But nothing has been reported as far as I know.

COME ON O2 GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ajking77 wrote:

I have not heard anything yet. I read somewhere this was going to happen in the first quarter / half of 2019??? But nothing has been reported as far as I know.

COME ON O2 GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

General feeling is that was a rumour spread by live chat and not an official O2 statement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably not going to happen & I bet it won’t
Message 16 of 22

OllyG
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang O2 customer services last week to vent and the guy stated they were expecting the Apple Watches in Q1 of 2019 but they’ve been delayed and had no further update.  Does any one know when they will definitely launch?? Have an Apple Series 4 watch (GPS + Cellular) but can’t use full functionality without the e-sim that both EE and Vodafone are offering but loathed to switch....although patience is running out. What are O2 playing at. Advices / clarification welcome.

Message 17 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@OllyG wrote:

I rang O2 customer services last week to vent and the guy stated they were expecting the Apple Watches in Q1 of 2019 but they’ve been delayed and had no further update.  Does any one know when they will definitely launch?? Have an Apple Series 4 watch (GPS + Cellular) but can’t use full functionality without the e-sim that both EE and Vodafone are offering but loathed to switch....although patience is running out. What are O2 playing at. Advices / clarification welcome.

@Chris_K is the go-to guy for this kind of info.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@OllyG wrote:

My apologies, but there's nothing further to share. If or when anything changes we will let customers know, but for now, we've no news or info around Apple Watch - sorry.

PS. We have never officially said we'd be ranging this, and certainly not in Q1. If you've been told otherwise via Live Chat then this is incorrect information I'm afraid. If you happen to have the chat transcripts of these, feel free to DM me them and I can follow this up internally.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 19 of 22

OllyG
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok many thanks for the reply. Bit baffled though. So “officially” O2 has never said yet they will launch the Apple Watch range, but unofficially??! Don’t have a chat transcript to DM you with as it was a tel con to 202 Customer Services (as I stated) from my iPhone XS Max. If it helps, the call took place last week on Friday 5 April @ 15:48 for 8 minutes when I was informed the Apple Watch range was due to launch in Q1 2019. With Kind Regards.
Message 20 of 22