Did you mean: 

Apple Watch SE

Chantelle11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,
I have recently brought at Apple Watch SE for my daughter it’s Cellular model, I’ve set up and now wish to add the airtime plan when I’ve tried to add its greyed out and says ‘your o2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact o2 for more information’ so that’s what I have done, I’ve spoken to every department I think and was told at one point to cancel the sim only contract I just purchased and get a new one so then it will work. I went to o2 shop they said no they would of sold me the same pack have I’d brought. No one seems to know what’s going on, I’ve also noticed it’s showing in the iPhone settings that’s WiFi calling is not enabled so when I try to enable it says ‘to allow WiFi calling on this account contact o2’ on my o2 I have it enabled so they don’t understand either why that’s saying to contact them. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this working I’m going out of my mind! I’ve updated the watch and the phone and all running on the latest versions I’ve reset it all to pair again and still says the same issue with the mobile data.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have no idea, honestly it’s a shambles. I am on hold to o2 hopefully this is the answer. I’m not hopeful though! Lol

I read out what you told me in the shop and to customer services and they didn’t have a clue 🤦🏻‍♀️
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's no hope!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, so I called o2 again. They said it’s showing as active on my account. At this point I’m clueless 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s been a week and I’ve just gone round in circles.
Thanks for your assistance though.
Message 13 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m going round in circles, I’ve been told it won’t ever work on a sim only plan?? Then she directed be back to customer services as I didn’t understand, she put me through to the technical team and they told me to set up on the app which I’ve told them a million times doesn’t work. Is it because it’s sim only? I’m just going to cancel it if it is but no one has said this in the last 11 days I’ve been trying to set it up! 😡

I was told yesterday only reason it doesn’t work is because I had GPRS bar on the account which has been removed and told to wait 24 hours - still doesn’t work. I don’t know what to believe anymore!
Message 14 of 16

Chantelle11
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I was told yesterday that I had a GPRS Bar on my account which they removed and to wait 24 hours and I now still cannot set up the watch.
Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It will work on a simo fine.
It's an error in your account setup which, if O2 can't figure out, I suggest you cancel and go elsewhere, as someone else has done last week for the same issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16