Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Error 106

djaychela
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I've moved over from Tesco to O2, about a week ago.

Today my new iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Ultra Watch 2 (the reason I swapped to O2) have arrived, and I've got the phone set up, and when trying to get the Mobile Service set up on the Watch (via the Watch app on the iphone), I'm getting error 106.

I've read that calling customer services on 202 is a huge waste of time, does anyone have any up-to-date help or advice?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah.  I really can't believe how half-**bleep** this all is.  If I was the only person who'd ever had this, then I'd think, fair enough, there would need to be some exploration of the problem, but the lack of any information on whatever passes for a CRM system that O2 have, plus the 'it takes 3 days to get a report on your account' BS which is clearly a stalling tactic just compounds to make me doubt there's much competence at play here.  This is a problem which has been solved for others (after some time), and that solution should be a simple flowchart for the staff to follow, and the information should be at hand when they call back.

Message 31 of 35

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37209 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Even when there were advisors from O2 on the forum, pre-July 2023, very little was fed back down to the forum folk like us - despite much requesting and cajoling, as you will doubtless have read here, @djaychela. All that knowledge, from everal very good Advisors, gone in a puff of, well, illogic. 🤐

Message 32 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, thought I'd post an update as it's been a while.

Every day I try the "set up mobile service" option, just in case.

And clearly something has changed, as it just worked!  I've not been re-contacted by support (and indeed I just checked the phone before posting here as I was going to say that I'd not had any contact), but I guess they have done something in the background (last time out my eSIM number was taken by the back office and some change was promised).

I went through the sign-in, chose a tariff and confirmed.  Apparently it'll be up to 24 hours for the watch to be up and running, so I will post back if/when that happens.

FTR, updating to iOS17.1 and WatchOS 10.1 made no difference, just thought I'd put that here as well.

O2 really need to make this simple though, if someone has error 106, just go straight to doing all the steps in stead of the current situation where it seems each support worker just tries to figure it out from scratch.

Message 33 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, it's now working, maybe 5 minutes after setting it up.

Splendid. 😁

If you have error 106 and are reading this, stick to your guns, and make sure you're put through to the back office staff straight away.  Hopefully something I posted has helped.

Message 34 of 35

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7430 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@djaychela 

I am very pleased for you - your perseverance paid off. 

Enjoy your watch ! 😀

Message 35 of 35