cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I stupidly updated my iphone4 to ios6.0.1 and now when I connect to the app store, it won't let me see the (hundreds of) apps that I purchased or even the ones that need updating. I see from the internet that many people have had the same problem. Anyone here experienced it and found a solution? I'm getting quite disenchanted with apple's buggy stuff. Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your time slight_smile
Message 11 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No need to thank me yet its not fixed:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
This has worked for many users:

Go to Settings/General/Date and Time
Turn Set Automatically OFF
Manually set the date to sometime a few years in the future
Try to update - it will fail with a different error message
Turn Set Automatically back ON

Stolen from the apple forums. Appears to describe a similar situation as yours albeit with the older iOS updates though.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha. I tried that one before. All it did was screw my Calendar app of choice up. Had to delete and redownload. slight_smile
Message 14 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Right haha.

Back to the drawing board:(

Watch this space:)
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps a restore may help at this stage.

Also remember you have the option to contact apple.

Have you taken a look at the help function in iTunes or looked in the dedicated apple forum community.
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

With all due respect, I am not sure how a restore would help as it is failing on my ipad, iphone and itunes on the comp. Done all the stuff the forums suggest. I have sent an email to Apple.

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

See what happens after you've run the latest update which might solve the problem.

Over the past couple of weeks the App Store has been very slow to open on both iPhone and iPad, sometimes I've given up altogether.

Message 18 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Mines just blown up in my face:/ can't access it just getting the loading icon since this morning.
Message 19 of 19