Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Peterboase
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi mate,

Did you get this sorted? I’ve got the same issue and I’ve been back and forth with O2 call centre staff. I’ve had my eSim reset and I’ve also had to erase and reset my Apple Watch, still no luck.

Cheers
Message 41 of 85

ryanowengibson
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had the exact same issue and spoke to about five different people at O2 who couldn’t solve it. It turns out all I had to do was enable WiFi calling on my account. You can do this in your device settings by logging into MyO2. As soon as it was enabled in my account (pretty much instant), I switched Wifi calling on in my phone settings and it worked. I could then set up mobile data through the watch app.
Message 42 of 85

LynseyO3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve the same issue. Hoping to get it resolved before 14 day returns at Apple and O2 expire. The above fox regarding WiFi calling didn’t work for me sadly. Hope someone can help as people on live chat just say turn it off and on again.
Message 43 of 85

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@O2Lisa 

Are you able to help @LynseyO3?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 85

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Of course @Cleoriff, I'll message you privately @LynseyO3 and look in to this for you smiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Thanks again @O2Lisa (Busy, busy, busy) rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 85

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

I know @Cleoriff I've not been this busy in a long time joy

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@O2Lisa wrote:

I know @Cleoriff I've not been this busy in a long time joy

You wait until you get your award badge....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 85

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

joy Oh @Cleoriff I can't wait for my badge! grin

I'd forgot about that actually, hopefully not long now smiling

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 85

Jonik
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My wife and I have both joined O2 and have the same issue - apple watch won't allow us to log in (same error message as the other posts), and wifi calling keeps saying to contact O2 despite being confirmed that it's on by 3 separate O2 live chat support staff.

I've spent several hours now over live chat to get it sorted, but the latest one (over an hour of chat) kept going round and round in circles. 

Is it at all possible to get our account looked at by someone who's fixed it before please?

Thanks!

Message 50 of 85