Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not eligible to setup mobile data on Apple Watch

Pixie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have been back and forward countless times with O2 since July and haven’t gotten anywhere.
I bought an Apple Watch back in July but when I set it up it said “Your O2 account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact O2 for more information.” I contacted O2 and they said they had to reset the eSIM and that so had to unpaid the watch and wait 24 hours before setting it back up again. I did this and the same message appeared so I contacted O2 to tell them and again the said the eSIM had to be reset. The eSIM must have been reset about 10 times before I eventually got through to someone who told me that they would send out a new watch. So I sent the watch I had back (Nike Series 5) and in return they sent me a Series 6 as they had none of the watches I had left. It is safe to say that the watch isn’t the issue. So I went back on the phone to O2 and spoke to a woman that said an eSIM would get sent out so I could add a mobile data plan. I have since tried to add this plan and have had no luck. The same message is still there. I have tried everything that I possibly can as I have looked through previous threads etc but I’m now at my wits end and no one at O2 seems to understand what the issue is and keeps doing the same things over and over that clearly don’t work. I can’t add any plans in the actual Apple Watch app because this message is still there. I was hoping someone might be able to help here.

C1FD4D2D-0DE0-414E-AAB6-E28402D2FB74.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Pixie1 

Firstly I assume you have an iPhone on a refresh tariff?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 85

Pixie1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I do
Message 3 of 85

Pixie1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an iPhone 11 and my account is an O2 refresh unlimited data
Message 4 of 85

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Great @Pixie1 

and do your iPhone features such as visual voicemail work ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 85

Pixie1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is that just voicemail?
Message 6 of 85

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

No @Pixie1 

It's when you can play a recording of your voicemail on screen without dialling 901.

If you only have 901 voicemail, you won't have iData enabled on your account, which is required for the watch to work.

You need to speak to O2 to enable iData on your account.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 85

Pixie1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can play a voicemail on my screen when I'm in the phone app.. do you mean this screen?

8452380D-9A4D-46DB-B520-9FFD054BDA9C.png

Message 8 of 85

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Yes, that looks OK @Pixie1 

What phone is showing in your MyO2?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 85

Pixie1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It says iPhone Apple 11 64gb on my account
Message 10 of 85