cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s3 wont turn on

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi my samsung was fine on saturday, sunday tried to turn my phone on. It had dies, tried different different battery and charger. Toot to 02 shop and they sent it to repair shop. Had phone call today to say my phone will cost me £138 to repair due to screen damage. I can honestly say it hadnt been dropped. Where do I stand on this?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
also only had phone since february
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'd ask for the phone to be returned then take it to a Sansung repair centre for a second opinion. Unfortunately we get lots of reported issue like this with O2's designated repair company...

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another one to add to the

"we're not going to repair it for free because....." list.

Seriously, what are the repair guys thinking that they can get away with this forever!!

Just do your job and repair the **stupid** thing like you're supposed to!
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only 'screen damage' is probably because one to the repair 'engineers' dropped it themselves!
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
^^^ hear hear !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
on phone to 02 at the moment, not happy with them.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nor would I be 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar thing when I dropped my Iphone 3G and the screen broke, the repair was free though, but it cost me 50 excess on the insurance for a replacement phone while my Iphone was being repaired.

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

when I finally got through to them, 45 mins later.

They said I can claim on my insurance. BUT i have to wait for my phone to be returned, then I can ring them up again and go through my insurance. why can they not send me a replacement. They already have my phone, it is me that is losing out, by waiting for my phone to be returned.

Message 10 of 15