cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s3 4.3 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was one of the 'lucky' people to catch the upgrade to 4.3. 

I've now disabled the smartstay & have been rebooting my phone after i have made any use of the GPS - this is keeping the battery life ok, but I still get dropouts when playing media files & the wake up is occasionally sluggish.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard any info other than the comment from samsung that they are investigating.

I'm undecided whether to reset my phone back to 4.1.2, although I have no idea how to do it, if it's going to be months until a fix then I guess it would be worth doing. Anyone heard ANYTHING? I'm not at all interested to hear about disgruntled users - these things happen & I'm sure the poor overworked developers are doing everything than can to fix the faults the test team failed to spot. 

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yours isn't UK firmware either and there is no 4.3 release for that CSC yet.
I assume you will get it but it's not imminent......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Thanks again for your help yesterday, last night I managed to get and flash the MJ9 BTU and now after *#1234# gives me the following: 

AP - I9300XXUGMJ9

CP - I9300XXUGMJ9

CSC - I9300OXAGMJ9

I guess I just have to play the waiting game now? I've checked a few times this morning but I'm not getting the OTA patch at the moment...how impatient am I???!!!

Message 22 of 66

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, that's all good.
Just keep checking for the OTA periodically.
Once updated you will be on the latest MK6 firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so I was considering another solution that I found last night but decided that I would hold fire and see if the OTA would come. 

As it hadn't come this afternoon, I tried the solution here - http://tinyurl.com/njqns8l - this has worked a treat, I now have MK6 installed and all seems to be ok so far. 

Best of luck to all those that have had this issue. 

Message 24 of 66

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I knew about that but didn't know the integrity of the download so I wouldn't have suggested it.
Hopefully it will be OK and not full of bugs or a virus....

Currently using:
Message 25 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I must admit, I was a bit sceptical given the fact that I thought I'd learnt my lesson about applying upgrades to my phone without waiting to hear what effects they might have, having said that I did read through the comments that others had left and overall they seemed to be positive...there will always be a small handful that will report issues, even with official upgrades that look to be bulletproof...so with that I took the plunge and so far so good.

If I find that there are any problems over the coming days I'll be sure to post on here to let others know. 

Message 26 of 66

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck, hope all goes well slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 27 of 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, is the update for CSC: I9300OXAEMG4 imminent?

Message 28 of 66

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi MI5, is the update for i9300OXAEMG4 imminent?

Yes it is but at the moment it's a 2 part upgrade.

Both available OTA (so check on your phone), first one will update you to GMJ9 and the second one to GMK6, however, there is a bit of a delay in getting the latest GMK6 so I would advise waiting until it is released as a full firmware or you might find yourself stuck with the crappy GMJ9 for a few days.

Unless you want to try the patch that Jams downloaded in post #24 above....?

Currently using:
Message 29 of 66

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 30 of 66