cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 repairs have lost my phone...

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i sent my lg g4 in due to bootloop issues, was told i would recieve it back within 4 days of them recieving it. 6 days have gone by, for 5 of those days its been saying on the online tracking that they have recieved my phone and its awaiting repair. I spoke to the online chat several times and just got scripted responses that the phone will be repaired soon (nothing changed). on the 6th day (today) I checked the online tracking and it said there is no record of my phone, i thought that was strange and seeing as thats the only proof they have my phone, its also a bit worrying, so i rang up.

yep sure enough they have no record of my phone being in for repairs on their system. they are now blaming me saying i sent it wrong, even though i know for a fact they did recieve it as it was initially on their system. 

what are my options?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok ill try ringing again tommorow but they seem to be playing dumb

Message 11 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I will tag @Martin-O2 our Community Manager to see if he can help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Typical ineptitude that we see regularly these days, sadly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

im absolutely gutted as i really need that phone back for my business, its gone from within 4 days to what could be weeks until i get anything sorted now

Message 14 of 20

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As you need it for business I would go and buy a cheap payg on o2 and chuck your sim in it and then keep the phone as a spare for future use . 

Or in future drop it to an o2 store and get a loan phone for a refundable deposit (if available)

We always used to keep a spare phone at work for any eventuality (disaster recovery).

Anybody using a mobile for business purposes really should be on an o2 business contract and not a consumer contract . (Also against consumer Fair use T&C) 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

well ive been on the online chat and they are saying they have the phone (it still hasnt been repaired, its just been sat there for 5 days) anyway they have sent me a copy of the chat in which they confirm they have my phone, so at least i have a bit of proof should o2 try and con me again, certainly changing provider after all this

Message 16 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

That's good news for you, but whatever the outcome of this, you should lodge a formal complaint. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most bizarre!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

so they rang back today eventually, and still 'couldnt get through to the repair team', they said to try and ring back tommorow, i didnt have time to argue as got a lot on today, i feel im just going in circles, everyday i ring or use online chat i just get pass off, i just want an update on my phone at the very least

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, not an unreasonable request, is it?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20