cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 4 camera/flashlight whirring noise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Anyone with a note 4 noticed any whirring/humming sounds when using flashlight or the camera?

i've searched elsewhere online and people are saying its poor lighting needing the camera to focus: how would that make the flashlight hum?! :S

also, if it is a send back for repair; whats the o2 Procedure? as im new to o2, previously on EE it was simply call 150, new phone sent out the same/next day by courier and they "swap" phones for you for a new/reconditioned one (with no charge with "Premium" insurance)

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Not experienced this problem on mine. How long have you had the Note 4 as that will affect your next step.

Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

19th November 2014 i think the date was.

Message 3 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
No, mine doesn't do that either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

19th November 2014 i think the date was.

Do you have insurance?

Normally, if not, this would be a warranty repair.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i have the £12.50 a month insurance plan, is this the correct one?

i have found a post on Android Forums stating it was a RTM job: my beloved Note 4 has to leave me? noooooo! 😞

guess my other beloved s3 will have to come out of the closet for a few days whilst its being repaired.

P.S will my s3 work on o2? was previously an EE contract phone.

Message 6 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Your S3 will be locked to EE at a guess, so no, not unless you can get EE to give you an unlock code.
For your insurance claim, speak to CS on 202 and see how fast they can turn things around for you - It's usually next day after they receive the handset back to them.
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

so visiting the o2 store would be a slower process? as there's one a few doors down from me at work? which is next to EE so i may get an unlock code at the same time if they're willing.

is there an excess charge to repair a phone via insurance?

Message 8 of 28

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
There will be an excess on your policy so a warranty repair may be cheaper (free). The store can sort that out for you too.
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

£60 excess.. wow! just read that!

think i'd rather have a whirring camera than pay £60 for it lol!

Message 10 of 28