cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network after installing jellyblast on sam s5830i

Anonymous
Not applicable

as title i installed the new os and no longer able to connect to network. any help?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
LOL.... The problem you have now is that (assuming) you have flashed a custom ROM over a locked phone you have messed up your modem. I suggest you download Odin and the latest O2 firmware from www.sammobile.com and prey that it overwrites your efs folder with the correct settings. Otherwise you're in for a long road ahead 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds silly - but have you turned the phone off and on after installing it?

Can you go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators and then manually select O2 UK and see if that works?

Also, have you made sure your network is okay at status.o2.co.uk ?

Let us know how you get on with that slight_smile

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Contact the ROM developer. They may recommend a different modem to use with their kernel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes ive tried off n on a good 58 times now slight_smile  also tried manually but it tells me my sim card is not 02??

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I assume the phone was unlocked from O2 (or any) network before you flashed the ROM ?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

excuse my ignorance, im a mechanic to trade and thought how hard can it be to upgrade. I now know that I have no business faffing about with smartfones and will in future stick to vehicles! Im not sure what you mean by unlocked to 02, its a postpay 02 phone and the sim works in another open phone without issue.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
LOL.... The problem you have now is that (assuming) you have flashed a custom ROM over a locked phone you have messed up your modem. I suggest you download Odin and the latest O2 firmware from www.sammobile.com and prey that it overwrites your efs folder with the correct settings. Otherwise you're in for a long road ahead 😞

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7