Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm not getting pop-up balance messages any more

Imindors
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just swapped my sim into a new phone and I don't get the usual pop-up balance advice messages after calls any more. Its a Samsung J2 core with Android 8.1. Is there a setting I should change or have I perhaps changed something I should't have.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Imindors check the notification settings for phone app and system notifications.

If no luck with those give customer service a call on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Imindors check the notification settings for phone app and system notifications.

If no luck with those give customer service a call on 4445.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Imindors
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I seem to have managed to fix it shortly after posting my problem. I had tried changing a few settings but none seemed to work. Then when next making a call I noticed a suggestion on screen just before pressing the call button that I hadn't noticed previously. I suppose it had been there earlier but I had been concentrating on finding and pressing the call button in an unfamiliar app and not looking at anything else. It said that I must allow the app access to various things so it could work properly. It showed Deny/Allow buttons so I chose Allow and, hey presto, the messages are back again. I suppose that while tinkering with my new phone I must have done something I shouldn't have done.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes that's allowing the notifications to be shown.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4