cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free samsung case not received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I received my order of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S device but not the free case as advertised on the website when i purchased. I have called CS to no avail. Can anyone help. thanks

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124250 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Doesn't matter..if they are still offering it (and certainly were when the OP ordered the Tab)...they are have to honour the contract...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Especially doesn't matter as o2 are in charge of this, not Samsung.
Best bet is to ring an O2 store and see if they have the same offer, if they do, ask when you get the case?
If at point of sale then it should have come with it
If they say it gets sent later, then I suspect the op will get a second delivery as expensive stuff such as tabs and phones might be next day while accessories may be 2nd class
Message 22 of 29

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124250 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Problem is @viridis  the op has been told the following already....

"Called CS a few more times today. One staff said it was in the post & I'll get it in a few days. Called back to confirm this & no record of it. This time the staff said she would re-order case & I'll get a confirmation SMS & email. Still waiting for that confirmation 10 hours later. Shambles really!!!"

So different stories every time...whats new?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds familiar as every other promotional offer tbh.
Very much a serious lack of communication within the uk's largest communication provider...
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 yes you would assume so but this is o2........

@Cleoriff sadly not. On the advert page it clearly states "subject to availability" and therefore once the stock has gone, and we as customers have no idea of stock levels, then o2 are under no obligation from a legal perspective. That said from a goodwill customer perspective I would expect a major player such as o2 to do the right thing by customers.

All of that said, this is really starting to become an issue at o2 so what is going wrong? Why can they not get the basics right?
Message 25 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 124250 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 yes you would assume so but this is o2........

@Cleoriff sadly not. On the advert page it clearly states "subject to availability" and therefore once the stock has gone, and we as customers have no idea of stock levels, then o2 are under no obligation from a legal perspective. That said from a goodwill customer perspective I would expect a major player such as o2 to do the right thing by customers.

All of that said, this is really starting to become an issue at o2 so what is going wrong? Why can they not get the basics right?

Then sorry Nick...they should REMOVE it from the shop pages immediately as it is still showing. Blatant misrepresentation to get people to buy...and then claim stock levels have run out

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I 1 million% agree with you @Cleoriff and if I were taking action against o2 I would sight that as proof they must still have stock and therefore ARE in breach of contract.

My post was to give clarity in both cases.

So if they have stock (which I would agree the ongoing advertising would imply they do) then I would see that as a clear breach of The Sales of Goods Act (1979) as amended 1994 and also The Supply of Goods and Services Act (forget the year). Either way given the current advertising the OP has a damn good case.

However if o2 have no stock left (and are not continuing to advertise the offer) then a subject to availability would be their get out.

Hopefully that clarifies my posts for you?

Message 27 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 124250 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Of course it clarifies it Nick and thanks for that. It still is appalling practice though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed but it does seem to be o2's way at the moment.

How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sadly worth Telefonica in so much debt and not investing in its businesses things will continue to get worse until they sell (see other posts re BT & Three seeking acquisitions in uk).
Message 29 of 29