Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z3C issue after moving apps to SD card

Teevie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys, hoping you can give me a little help here.

I updated my Xperia Z3C to Lollipop the other day, which has been fine so far, but last night I moved a few apps over to my SD card to free up some of the internal memory in my phone (not using any third party app to do this).

It seems as though something has gone wrong, as my phone restarted itself while one of the apps was transferring and now ALL of them are showing up as a blueprint icon with a little red SD card in the corner, and when you click it it says 'Application not found'. I assume this means the app data on the SD card is corrupt. As I have photos and music on my SD which still work I don't really want to format it, but not sure what to delete to make these icons disappear from my app menu!

I'm not bothered about re-installing the apps, that's not a problem for me at all , but the main issue is opening the app menu and the first page and a half being nothing but these 'app not found' icons! I've attached an image. As they don't show up in the Apps list in settings anymore I can't get rid of them!

Thanks for your time guys, hoping someone can advise!

EDIT: I have just tried removing the SD card and restarting, but even with the SD card out these blueprint icons are still showing!

Screenshot_2015-04-17-08-15-28.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

We have a Sony expert here @viridis  I am hoping he can come and help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Corrupted the sd
Try putting the sd card in a laptop/ pc and get check disk to run a scan with "scan for and attempt to fix bad sectors" selected.
If that doesn't work, use Explorer to open the sd card, now you may find shedloads of weird files and folders with names written in "matrix code"
Ignore them, they are the corruption. Instead, look for the folders with normal names and get your stuff copied over from them.
Then format.
Message 3 of 8

Teevie
  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @viridis I will give this a try tonight, I should have a micro-SD card reader somewhere at home. I've just edited my original post, not sure if you've seen, but I've actually try removing the SD card and restarting my phone and those blueprint icons are still showing up which is worrying... can you think of any way to get rid of these?

Message 4 of 8

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The blueprints still show because the system knows the app data is on sd card and not internal, as it cannot find the data, it is showing a generic blueprint file and not icon
Message 5 of 8

Teevie
  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Even with the SD card removed? That's odd. I will try a backup and format tonight of the SD card, pop it back in and see what happens. I'll let you know if the blueprint icons still show up. Thanks a lot for your help @viridis!

Message 6 of 8

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
However, if it is showing blueprints fir ALL apps on device, then it is the internal storage that is corrupted, if so, follow my original advice but replace "sd card" with "phone"and "format"with "repair installation via pc companion"
Message 7 of 8

Teevie
  • 23 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems that all other apps are still present, it's only the first page and a half that has these icons, and when I open up the 'Apps' settings and swipe to 'On SD Card' it does say no current apps are installed on the SD card. Fingers crossed the format of the card will do the job!

Message 8 of 8