cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia S activity keypad stopped working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all here is my problem not sure if related to the both times O2 has gone down but here goes....
Thanks.... My phone has the activity keypad not working on my Sony Xperia S it happened last time O2 went down and my mobile is overheating on charge! The whole system just seems to get corrupted when O2 goes down. Iv only had my phone since July and its happened on both times that O2 have gone down. Iv googled about the activity keypad not responding as that's frustrating not being able to click on a call to make it now O2 seems to be working again... Are you able to help?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147958 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
I can only suggest you reboot the phone and if the battery is removable, take it out for 5 mins to clear the flash memory.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147958 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28372 Solutions
I can only suggest you reboot the phone and if the battery is removable, take it out for 5 mins to clear the flash memory.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm doing a factory re set although its meant all my photos etc have now gone... I'm not that great when it comes to re boot etc but guessing it meant factory re set? Thanks for your reply il see if it works yet.... Battery not remove able though.
Message 3 of 5

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Hi tash

I know it's annoying....

Try just dry cleaning ur screen. To see if that helps.

Try this also..... http://www.hard-reset.com/sony-xperia-s-hard-reset.html

Sadly during a full reset u do.loose all your stuff. Best if u can to save a copy on ur pc before doing a full system reset.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is overheating. That would tend to point to something that is using CPU very hard. In settings is there anything that shows what is active and running. That might have hung.

Does a simple on/off resolve. Without having to do a full reset?

Message 5 of 5