cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With O2 Pay & Go you can't even see your own phone bill!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out in Canada travelling on business for another week, only to find myself topping up like a gambling addict in Vegas - over thirty-odd quid in three days. So I go online, to look for my bill summary, as it says on all the O2 advice. Except....no bill option. Not a detailed bill summary, a brief bill or anything. After an initial webchat I was pointed to subject access request, where I was informed I could get said information, if I photocopied my bank cards, paid ten quid and waited a few weeks. That is a tremendous help when I'm out abroad, looking for what is piling through my top-up money. I can't believe I cannot see my own bill breakdown with O2. To cap it all off, the cherry on the cake, I was told I could ring a 99p a minute number from Canada to explain it all to the team who handle contract terminations. As this webchat took me an hour, I figured out I didn't want to spend £60 on a phone call telling them how bad it is I can't see even my own bill. I guess at least I wouldn't have to look at the £60 call on any bill anytime soon. 

O2 - can't do (bills).

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147261 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Most smartphones have a data counter built in. It won't tell you when (exactly) but the android one, for example will tell you what app used what amount on a day to day basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately Payg accounts have never enjoyed itemised bills.

Perhaps upgrade to sim only if that's a deal breaker.

Even the access you talk about is limited info
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 147261 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
If you have data turned on constantly that will eat huge amounts of your top up (it's something like 46p/mb, or worse) so I advise you to turn it off and just use WiFi for data when you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 93348 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Detailed breakdown for usage on P&G isn't available but it's likely that data is the culprit. We always advise switching off mobile data and using wifi where possible.

I can appreciate you need to use your number for contact with family and friends but are you using a P&G number for business use?

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
you don't need to terminate a Payg account like you have to do with a pay monthly contract.

Your phone will hold call lists and some tell you what data each App has used.

My02 App (platform dependant )will tell you what's remaining in your allowances
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the advice, thank you.

I just think it's astonishing you can't see your own bill on P&G - I know data chews through cash, just trying to find out when and where it went so quickly to adjust what I'm doing. Struggling to think of another example where you buy something and can't see a breakdown of where it goes. Even council tax does that!

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 147261 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Most smartphones have a data counter built in. It won't tell you when (exactly) but the android one, for example will tell you what app used what amount on a day to day basis.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

Take care. wink
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fine for calls you make from your phone but if your account is being scammed then these will not be visible. O2s lack of billing information is open house for account scammers. Free calls for fraudsters.

Message 10 of 13