Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpages randomly redirecting to O2 website

GraemeC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Every now and then, I'll be browsing a website on my phone, and suddenly without warning that page will redirect to o2.co.uk. I've disabled most of the preinstalled o2 apps with no luck. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so is there a solution?

I have tried checking logcat and chrome dev tools but can't see anything that would be causing this. But, as it's very intermittent, it's hard to be certain.

My phone is a Samsung galaxy S8, recently updated to Oreo, the issue was also occurring on Nougat.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What is your browser home page set to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What is your browser home page set to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

GraemeC
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Interesting... o2.co.uk apparently, I think you may be onto something there!

The new tab page is the usual Google search / recents page, so didn't realise there was actually a separate setting for home page!
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm thinking that may be the cause.
Try changing it to something else, I usually just set mine to Google search page.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @GraemeC, looks like @MI5 already solved the issue here. slight_smile Just wanted to ask if the "redirect" has stopped now and everything is sorted, or if you have any further questions? slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

HannahE1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i know this is an old post however I've just upgraded and although I used smart switch when I open new tabs in Samsung Internet the go to the o2 home page rather than Google. Any tips on what settings I need to change to correct this. thanks.
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Open the internet page

Change to Google

Then go into settings and choose current page as home page

Message 7 of 7