cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unable to Send Message'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please help me ?

I have a Pay and Go  Samsung E1270 Flip Top phone ( basic model, no camera etc) which I have just bought, new, as the one I had previously, i dropped. i have put in my sim card from the broken E1270, and I can ring out, and I can receive texts, but the problem is, however I try, i cannot send texts. 

i type in the text, press send, or ok, and the message says ' sending' - but always I get this message 'unable to Send Message'

Thanks for any help you lovely people.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

hi @Anonymous Check your message centre number

Open messages, settings and type in the message centre number :
Pay Monthly   +447802000332
Pay & Go       +447802092035

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

hi @Anonymous Check your message centre number

Open messages, settings and type in the message centre number :
Pay Monthly   +447802000332
Pay & Go       +447802092035

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I assume you could send texts OK before on the old phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Yes, I had the same phone, but dropped and completely broke it..I then put my sim into an old phone I had..That was the same, I could not send texts.. So then I ordered a GT1270 on ebay, and when it came I put the sim into that, and that one would not even let me phone out..Only said ' Emergency Calls Only'  And it would also not accept or send texts. So I was advised to send it back, which I did.

I then got a new GT1270.. ( unused previously, as I know they do not now make them ) on Amazon, and although I can make and receive calls on this one..,it still comes up with the message ' Unable to send message'  when I press the option to send.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well certainly try the message centre number as advised above but really those details should be set automatically by the sim card.
If it still fails it would be worth you trying your sim in a friends phone if possible as it could be a phone fault.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again and thank you.

I did that, and  noted that the message centre was exactly as it should be for the Pay and Go option, except that it had two asterisks at the end of the number.. I pressed 'Change' and removed the 2 asterisks, and tried to send a message.  Same result..'Unable to send message' Very frustrating..

I have booked a call to me from 02 on Wednesday morning, which I hope will resolve this issue, but I don't think somehow they will be able to help me

But thank you anyway for your time. Very good of you.

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to borrow another phone to prove your Sim Card is OK too.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  And many thanks to all you who sent me suggestions

I got in touch with 02 and booked an 02 Guru to ring me at a ceertain time, which they did ...and the problem was solved !

Seems that the service centre number was correct, when I checked it under Send Texts, and Settings, and Text messages then Sending Options, then  Service Centre.. BUT.. the advisor asked me if there was a + sign before this number.. There wasn't, so was advised to type one in then try sending a text.

Bingo !  it worked  Great stuff.  I'm happy.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it has to be exactly as shown, hence the reason it's written that way wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15