Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNBLOCKING

hoopz1971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  1. My daughter bought a phone from a seller on gumtree who told her it was on O2 PAYG but it was on contract & had been blocked for non payment of account. Is it possible to get it unblocked & changed to PAYG??? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No it’s not possible by yourself.
Only the original contract owner can get it unblocked after paying what the owe.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No it’s not possible by yourself.
Only the original contract owner can get it unblocked after paying what the owe.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@hoopz1971

The phone is useless to your daughter I'm afraid.

Some bargains are not all they seem, particularly with mobile phones which get sold on unscruplously knowing they are blocked

It should be returned and you ask for a refund.

However, you may find the seller no longer available. Often happens with Gumtree

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I would imagine that the Gumtree seller has disappeared into the wind. @hoopz1971 sorry to say, I think your daughter has been scammed good and proper.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

hoopz1971
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah the seller used dodgy contact information etc, my daughter used her birthday & christmas money. What kind of person scams a 13 year old??? THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED 

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Sorry to hear that.
You should still report it to the police but I don't expect any good to come of it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@hoopz1971wrote:

Yeah the seller used dodgy contact information etc, my daughter used her birthday & christmas money. What kind of person scams a 13 year old??? THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED 

These people have no morals and no conscience @hoopz1971. They don't care who they scam sadly.

A lesson learnt the hard way. For what it's worth I would never buy a phone from Gumtree or Ebay.

People see them on as insurance scams when they are blocked. Yours was sold by someone who didnt pay his bill and the network blocked the phone. Disgusting practice which is getting worse.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
What phone is it she bought?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

hoopz1971
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a Samsung A3 2017 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I've got a dual sim android phone that I don't use anymore.
Would she like that instead?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15