Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter (and other sites) can't be reached

thejudge62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Since sometime this morning (Sunday), I've not been able to reach any Twitter pages on my LG K4 (2017) running Android 6.0.1.

In Chrome, I get: "This site can't be reached. mobile.twitter.com unexpectedly closed the connection" with the error message "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

In Firefox, I get to the pages, but then get "Sorry, Twitter is taking too long to load". Repeated refreshing does nothing to solve this. This is true of all Twitter pages I try.

In Firefox Focus, I get: "Unable to connect", Again, refreshing doesn't solve it. The local newspaper site - www.leaderlive.co.uk - which has the same problem in Chrome & Firefox - loads OK on this browser.

I rebooted the phone: no change

I uninstalled Chrome updates and re-updated: no change, except that I lost all my bookmarks, logins, etc. 😞

I rebooted again. Again no fix.

All is OK on my W7 desktop on Chrome, Firefox and IE11. I won't be in work until Monday so can't try the wi-fi there to see how it goes.

I didn't change any settings on the phone between the problem not being there and the problem appearing.

Anyone else having this? And, more importantly, does anyone know a fix for it?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Probably an issue with your local mast at the time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It certainly seems to have been a issue. Did you check the status page as I suggested? 

Message 12 of 13

thejudge62
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yep. Didn't say there was a problem.
Message 13 of 13