Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message spam

cheti111
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I keep getting text messages with "Sorry, your number doesn't support Visual Voicemail, so we can't set it up yet. Please go to www.o2.co.uk/help and search on voicemail for help." Can anyone help how to resolve? I have no need for visual voicemail and have not tried to activate this.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

You need to go into the phone settings @cheti111 

Deactivate visual voicemail in the connection settings

Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @cheti111 , welcome to our community. slight_smile Just wanted to check in to see if you managed to make any progress with the visual voicemail issue since you last posted. Any help from the above advice from @jonsie ?

Message 3 of 6

cheti111
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. The issue is now resolved.
Message 4 of 6

BobHarvey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started getting these messages within minutes of the conversion from Virgin Mobile to O2.  I have not changed any settings.  I just called 202 and spoke to someone a very long way away who said it is nothing to do with O2.

I find that very hard to believe when they started coming coinincident with the change of systems, and the messages come from code 62, which looks remarkably similar to code 6285 which is sending billing information.

Since I have not changed any settings, and since the message text is identical to this thread from 2 years ago, it is obviously some difference in the O2 system.

If what you mean is "we don't offer visual voicemail, unlike your previous provider" then please have the courtesy to say so.

Message 5 of 6

BobHarvey
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Speaking to Google, they say that this is a phone capability that depends upon settings in the O2 network, and have asked me to contact them again.  I tried 202 again and they say they know nothing about it

Message 6 of 6