cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact & Z Ultra - Latest KitKat update out now!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi all,

There was a thread here around some audio bugs Z1 Compact customers had and some stray posts here and there about other Z devices. I recently had the good news and updated the above thread that there was a new update out via PC Companion, with the OTA update coming soon.

Since then I've had more good news - we had hoped for the latest KitKat update (with a fix to the audio bug a small number of folk experienced) to arive OTA towards the end of the week but it has gone live sooner than expected. If you own any of these devices, it will be available now through the PC Companion software. The OTA update is on a rollout phase and usually these last over several days, sometimes up to a week or two - So you may not have the OTA update yet, but do check over the next couple of weeks and you should hopefully see it soon.

For anyone who experienced the audio bug, let us know how you get on after the update 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great to know thanks Chris good to have someone in the loop wink
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure that will help people with this issue Chris_K

Thank you for the update.

slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

didd1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recived update everything seem good but i cant lock my phone screen anyone any ideas please
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146728 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

didd1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ive just hard reset my phone after and all so far is good

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear
Message 7 of 7