cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1II best screen scratch remover?

Will-44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had the Sony Xperia 1II for Just over a month and have some light scratches on the screen that aren't anything major as I can only see them in a certain light and if I run my finger nail over them. Reason I'm asking is that I don't want to buy a screen scratch remover and make them worse and damage the screen. The phone has Gorilla glass and is also very prone to getting thjmb prints all over it so I also want to know if Anyone knows how best to wipe them off?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Microfibre cloths are the best thing to wipe off prints etc, as for scratches... Nothing will get it to as good as it was. The only thing I'd recommend is a screen protector, glass or tpe based, and the only glass one I'd recommend is the Spigen one found on Amazon.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Will-44 I will tag @viridis who is the community Sony expert.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Microfibre cloths are the best thing to wipe off prints etc, as for scratches... Nothing will get it to as good as it was. The only thing I'd recommend is a screen protector, glass or tpe based, and the only glass one I'd recommend is the Spigen one found on Amazon.
Message 3 of 6

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@viridis So there isn't a way to remove them at all? Yes I thought a cloth would work, anti bacterial wipes tend to make the phone sticky, I've found water does an ok job but doesn't get thumb prints or grub off the phone. Is the glass screen protector similar to the screen in terms of being soft as the Gorilla glass.
Message 4 of 6

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
There are methods and solutions that claim to remove scratches, but... Will almost certainly remove the oleophobic coating on the glass too.
The screen protector will scratch eventually, all glass will but the protector has the benefit of being cheaply replaced, and will protect the real display glass. It feels and looks just like the original glass.
Message 5 of 6

Will-44
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@viridis ok that's what I was worried about with the getting a gel because I feared that it would damage the screen. Thank you for your help and suggestions.
Message 6 of 6