Did you mean: 

Sony XZ WiFi calling

Quickxstar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there all

I'm looking for a little bit of help, I have WiFi and 4G calling enabled on my O2 but I am unable to find it anywhere on my device

I try to do as the website instructs but I don't actually have the options it's telling me I should have ....there is no "more" in my settings as it suggests

My software is up to date, I'm just really not sure what else to do, I have disabled and re enabled WiFi calling

Unless it's running on my device without actually telling me? My wife has an icon on her Samsung that tells her that it's on

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
After looking further...
XZ isn't on o2s supported list so probably won't work either way.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Where did you get the XZ from?
O2 or carphonewarehouse?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it in the settings option? Did you purchase the phone from O2 directly?
Message 3 of 6

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
From the help page:
If you are using a Sony XZ Premium, XZ1 or XZ1 Compact, to get Wifi and 4G Calling, your device will need to use O2 firmware. This is essentially the software that makes your device turn on and run. Sometimes there are different versions of firmware for the same device. Your device should use O2 firmware if you bought it direct from us in an O2 shop, online or over the phone.

To check if your Sony is running O2 firmware:

Open the ‘Chrome’ app and tap the Home icon in the top left corner. If this takes you to www.o2.co.uk then your device has O2 firmware. If it takes you to Google, then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now.

If you have changed the homepage in Chrome since buying your device, tap the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome, tap Settings, tap homepage, tap to edit the homepage and then press ‘Reset’. If it resets to www.o2.co.uk, then your device has O2 firmware. If it resets to Google, then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now.

If you need more info, contact us
Message 4 of 6

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
After looking further...
XZ isn't on o2s supported list so probably won't work either way.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions