Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Walkman Playlist

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hope someone can help.  On the sony walkman software i have some playlsts that i cannot delete. looked online and the manual states default playlist cannot be deleted.

when i tap and hold all i get is queue, add as shortcut and share....

1) what is a default playlist - how did it get on there?

2) Can i delete it some other way?

thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
The default playlists are pre set into the software by Sony.
You can usually add/delete/sync music to your phone using Sony PC Companion, so have a look if that software allows you to edit the defaults.
I wouldn't recommend rooting just to get rid of a default playlist as there are some issues with rooting the latest Sony phones which are difficult to over come and will give you more serious problems with your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

what phone are you using?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Masterwai,

This from my Sony Xperia Z user Manual....

To delete a playlist
1 In My music, then select Playlists.
2 Touch and hold the playlist you want to delete.
3 Tap Delete.
4 Tap Delete again to confirm.
! You cannot delete default playlists.

As you state they cannot be deleted on a stock phone.

Their are ways of 'rooting' your phone which then may lead to the default lists being deleted but I strongly suggest you do some homework on that subject before entering that world.

Their is a member on the forum called @MI5 who's knowledge on this subject is very extensive. Ive flagged this to him and i'm sure he will be able to instruct your further.

Take care.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
The default playlists are pre set into the software by Sony.
You can usually add/delete/sync music to your phone using Sony PC Companion, so have a look if that software allows you to edit the defaults.
I wouldn't recommend rooting just to get rid of a default playlist as there are some issues with rooting the latest Sony phones which are difficult to over come and will give you more serious problems with your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4