cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony SmartWatch, Advertised in Leaflet?!?

Bradaz88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone bought a Sony from o2 lately, seen the 20% off Sony Accessories from the o2 Accessory Store, and thought, "That SmartWatch looks good, I wonder how much it is?"

Well, the answer is impossible to answer through o2!!

I've been on the website, http://accessoryshop.o2.co.uk/brands/sony-original, only to find the SmartWatch is not there! Tried the Search function: - "Sorry, no accessories were found for your search. Have another look."

Even went to the o2 Store, who had a look on Accessories Direct (The Internal accessory shop), and there was nothing there either.

It's not even findable on google!!

Can someone from o2 please tell me, how am I supposed to get a SmartWatch, that is clearly advertised within a Sony product box, if its not on any of your websites?!

o2 All Rounder Home Broadband - 20Mbit

Sony Xperia SP on Business 300
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's annoying if it doesn't work then the vouchers should be recalled
Message 11 of 19

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

The vouchers do work, on our accessory site.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 12 of 19

Bradaz88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

eh shouldn't the smartwatch be put onto the website, even if it says out of stock, as at least then the leaflet is still accurate! I'm sure that would be a better solution then withdrawing the vouchers! After all, the vouchers are incorrect if they are going to advertise a smartwatch that isn't available.

o2 All Rounder Home Broadband - 20Mbit

Sony Xperia SP on Business 300
Message 13 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Have you tried using the code on the Sony site?

Not sure if that will work but it's worth a try.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 19

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Bradaz88 wrote:

eh shouldn't the smartwatch be put onto the website, even if it says out of stock, as at least then the leaflet is still accurate! I'm sure that would be a better solution then withdrawing the vouchers! After all, the vouchers are incorrect if they are going to advertise a smartwatch that isn't available.

The offer doesnt specifically state the smart watch tho, it states "on Sony accessories" so technically the leaflet is still accurate. I know thats not an ideal answer however they arent going to recall and reprint leaflets because one of the items displayed is out of stock - otherwise they would need to do it again and again if, say, they stopped selling the speaker too. These offers are always while stocks last. I agree that perhaps they should at least place it back on the website but perhaps the reason they havent is because they no longer plan to sell it or cannot get any more stock.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
They could put limited stock but perhaps they want people to over order then they can't fill those promises
Message 16 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 have more than likely never had that item in the shop, I'm aware the leaflet shows other items but it's still misleading in my view.

I wonder what the ASA would have to say about it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

a fine & a slap on the wrist might be their answer

Message 18 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

At least the offer should be withdrawn.

Message 19 of 19