cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since installing new filmware phone crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Now this is really annoying, I have a Galaxy S2 and since installing the up to date filmware the phone crashes all the time and never had this issue until it was installed. What basically happens is the phone either locks or just goes off. To get it to come back on I have to remove the battery, 9 times out of ten when it comes back on it says I have 1% battery.
If I plug it into a charger before turning on it normally goes back to where the charge was, sometimes this takes a while and involves taking the battery out and in until it sorts its life out. It does this at random times and mostly when I need the phone and havent access to a charger.

Help me sort this out as I have almost launched the phone several times.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You may have to do a factory reset as the new firmware may be conflicting with the remnants of the old version.

First you need to back up your phone to save all your data.

When the phone is off, hold down the home, volume up key and the on button until you get the splash screen and then release.

You should get the android robot and then the root menu.

Using the volume button scroll down to factory reset and activate by pressing the on button.

Once done it should automatically go to the reboot on the menu. Again action this by pressing the on button. Your phone will then reboot.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done all the above and although all seemed well, its sadly not !!!! It is still doing the same although today it did behave itself a bit, wish Id never updated it as it is quite imperative for my job I have a phone and with what I need to do ideally a smart phone. 

It crashing like this has made my job very hard and also very frustrating

Message 3 of 3