cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia T keeps turning itself off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My Sony Xperia T keeps turning itself off without any warning or error message. This can be after a minute or so or as soon as the O2 start up screen appears - the power just cuts off. The software is up to date and there is plenty of battery life. I did a factory reset of the phone and this hasnt made any difference. Interestingly the phone works when plugged in at the mains through the charger... which to me suggests some sort of battery fault? The fault happens with and without the SIM card in.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so how did it get resolved?

I sent my phone off for repair a month ago, only for it to return 2 weeks later in the exact same condition with the same fault. They didnt even try to contact me for further info on the fault, they just sent it back. So I took it into the O2 store for a second time and gave a very detailed description of the issue. They said I was entitled to a replacement phone but only after it was sent for repair and a fault had been identified. I thought fair enough, they cant not identify the issue for the second time! Logged onto the repair tracker yesterday and noticed the repair status said "No Fault Found". So I phoned the repair centre directly and again explained the issue. They said they would pass it onto a more senior engineer to investigate. Surprise surprise logged on today and found that they still havent identified the fault and are posting it back to the O2 store!

This is getting really frustrating as I have been without the phone for over a month now, whilst still paying money for it. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go directly to Sony, there are so many issue's with O2's repair service reported on here by upset customers that it just isnt funny any more & O2 just dont seem to care.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did you send the phone to for repair?

Did you let O2 send it of for repair?

OR

Where you smart & got in touch with Sony yourself & arranged repair under the 2 year manufacturers handset warranty?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly thought that going to o2 was the right thing to do seeing as I bought the phone from them, but if you think going to Sony directly would be better then I'll give that a go.

Still, I've been disappointed with the competancy of o2 - surely they should be able to sort this out themselves?

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go directly to Sony, there are so many issue's with O2's repair service reported on here by upset customers that it just isnt funny any more & O2 just dont seem to care.

Message 4 of 4