Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in to Network

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

On my travels around the UK recently, on a number of occasions as my phone moved between transmitters I found that on several occasions the phone asked me to "Sign in to O2 Network".  This was a system message (not an app pop-up) and each time I found I had no mobile internet.

Turning Airplane mode on then off each time resolved it.  I mentioned it to O2, but they said they had never come across it before.

Has anyone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I've seen / heard of it but only rarely....
Do you have automatic network selection or manual set ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

I have tried automatic network selection (normally) and recently tried manual.  It seems to make no difference.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The same issue has popped up recently on the giffgaff forum so I suspect it may be a network glitch......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4