cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s2 turning itself off and rebooting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

For weeks now, my 2 galaxy s2's have been turning off and rebooting whenever they want.

Thought it might of been software, so did a reset by holding home,volume up and power etc. few days later started again...thought about updating through kies air to latest software for android 4.0.3 i think......no luck....lost pictures on 1 phone, did have backed up on google thank god....reverted back to android 2.blob which Noah used in the Ark, and still it happens.

Trying to enjoy a contract with phones that keep rebooting aint fun......Anyone else with same prob......o2 need to sort it. Been tweeting today and they are apparently working on an update, which means.........??????????

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have they said the 'update' specifically addressees the issues your experiencing.

If not speak to either 02 or Samsung to take the handset and perform a diagnostic on it and rectify the issue.

I don't find it reasonable to expect someone to wait for an update which may resolve the issue. Just my opinion  wink

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
My s2 was doing this, I flashed the o2 jellybean update on it, originally was carphone warehouse rom, then whilst on the o2 rom I got an over the air update, after that i got constant resets. Tried factory resetting, to no avail.
Reflashed with the now released cpw jellybean update and haven't had a single problem since.
I'm pointing my finger at the o2 ota update, though can't say it would work for you.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My wife's S2 was doing pretty much the same -- a new phone and after day 1 of buying it.  We noticed the screen was very warm during standby too, and often she'd go to use it and find it was locked or had rebooted.  Given it was literally brand new we got a new phone and no problems.

Although it'll be a pain it might be good to perform a factory reset in case an app has gone rogue, or, if your firmware isn't the latest then update and try that -- but again you might still have to reset/wipe to be sure.

Actually... scrub the above for now... try wiping the cache partition on both devices first... you won't lose anything so worth a shot!  Know how..?

Jonty.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

In the past i have wiped the cache numerous times, rolled back to 2.3, updated to 4.0.3, had no apps on phone what-so-ever, and still have the on and off reboot loop.

Near the camera gets bloomin warm aswell, but that was after 5 mins or so of 3d gaming, so that has stopped, its frustrating. had phone for 13 mths, o2 are saying its still under warranty.??????????? Don't know how, sure 12 mths have ran out. The new update probably won't solve anything, this is just 1 of those annoying faults with the s2's.....

Seriously considering ending contact. I have a 24mth contract with a phone i can use maybe half the time, so i lose money either way

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

Did an update through Kies air, No better, same stuff. so i wped it and rolled back to 2.3 for nothing, now on 4.0.3 and it does the same thing. Common problem with the s2's.

O2 should offer all of us s2 sufferers an early upgrade to s3 at least 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is your S2 unlocked? If so you could manually update to 4.1.2 using Odin. That would be my next step else you can ask O2/Carphone Warehouse/whoever to check it out - I believe the S2 has a 2 year warranty, battery is 6 months.

Jonty.
Message 7 of 7