Did you mean: 

Samsung MCK code required

not_invented_he
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an old Samsung phone that's locked to O2 which I want to give to a family member to use on a different network. I totally messed up entering the various PIN/PUK/unlocking codes at the wrong times, and the phone now says "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM Network PUK". None of the codes I have (PIN for new SIM, PUK for new SIM, the handset unlocking code from O2) work and it just says "Network unlock request unsuccessful".

I've tried getting a replacement SIM from the new network, and factory resetting the phone, but I get the same result. It seems like what I need is an MCK code from O2 to unlock the phone at this point?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11601 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@not_invented_he 

You will need to speak to o2 on 0344 809 0202 and they should be able to get the MCK code for you, it may take a few days though, as it might have to go to Samsung to obtain.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@not_invented_he 

Customer services will have no idea at all.

You'll need help from @Breanna 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @not_invented_he did you contact CS to request the MCK? If not, let me know and I'll PM you to get some details.

Message 4 of 6

not_invented_he
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, no I have not contacted CS yet. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Breanna? (Just tagged Breanna @not_invented_he otherwise she may miss your answer 😉)

By the way CS open at 8am and all contact numbers are in this link Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6