cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Kies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having difficulty with Kies (don't laugh).

I updated it, and now every time I launch it it there is a message saying "There are new components for Samsung Kies" etc etc, and asks me whether I want to update now. If I choose update Kies closes and I get another dialogue box which is the Update Kies agent, but nothing ever downloads. I've treid loads of times but nothing happens, it just seems to hang there.

Is it safe to use Kies while it's in this state (not while it's trying to downlaod, but if I choose cancel when it offers the update), especially as I was gong to update to a different ROM for my GT-I9100?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
You don't need to use Kies to update your ROM. Try Odin instead (there is a guide I posted in the FAQ's). As far as updating Kies is concerned, have you got the latest microsoft .net 4 installed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You as well? I tried to install the ruddy thing last week and had no end of problems, mostly caused by annoyingly over sensitive Firewall.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145570 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
You don't need to use Kies to update your ROM. Try Odin instead (there is a guide I posted in the FAQ's). As far as updating Kies is concerned, have you got the latest microsoft .net 4 installed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 3