Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy tab S4 9.0 update

MartynJames
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. I am looking for information on when the 02 LTE version of the galaxy tab S4 will get the Android pie update?
The update is being rolled out now from Google but I can't find information on when 02 are releasing the update.
Cheers.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I've not got any official news or updates for this (though I'm checking around for you), but I will say that it does look like this only just started rolling out a few days ago, and it's not uncommon for updates to take days/weeks/months to fully saturate across the world.

For example, I've seen some vendors launch an update in America, but then not in Eastern European markets until a few weeks later, and Western European weeks after that. I'm not saying specifically that's definitely the case here, but more often than not, it is. Soon as I can find out about the status of it on our end I'll let you know, but I just wanted to emphasise the point that if Samsung haven't yet sent the update our way, it can take a few weeks - it often depends on the vendors own schedule rather than ours.

PS. Got loads more info on software updates and timescales here, if you're interested

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MartynJames
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure what that means. I've looked on the internet but couldn't find an specific answer which is why I came here.

Message 3 of 7

MartynJames
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My apologies jonsie, I thought your signature was your comment to me rofl

Message 4 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I've not got any official news or updates for this (though I'm checking around for you), but I will say that it does look like this only just started rolling out a few days ago, and it's not uncommon for updates to take days/weeks/months to fully saturate across the world.

For example, I've seen some vendors launch an update in America, but then not in Eastern European markets until a few weeks later, and Western European weeks after that. I'm not saying specifically that's definitely the case here, but more often than not, it is. Soon as I can find out about the status of it on our end I'll let you know, but I just wanted to emphasise the point that if Samsung haven't yet sent the update our way, it can take a few weeks - it often depends on the vendors own schedule rather than ours.

PS. Got loads more info on software updates and timescales here, if you're interested

Message 5 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Hey @MartynJames - got some good news for you!

We've tested and approved the Android Pie release for the Tab S4 and have returned it to Samsung to release, which we currently expect to happen towards the end of the week, so keep your eyes peeled and let us know how you get on with the update thumbsup

Message 6 of 7

MartynJames
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Excellent, thank you for remembering to get back to me @Chris_K, it is appreciated very much.
I look forward to getting the update 🙂
Message 7 of 7