Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

I'm starting to think that not even divine intervention will get the release anytime soon!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just spoken to an advisor and she openly admitted that O2 still haven't got the update and there is no planned release date.
Up in the air again I'm afraid.
:robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotmad: :robotsad: :robotsad: :robotsad: :robotsad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

A Carphone Warehouse salesperson told me it was available on o2. I connected my phone and it said it was going to update but to ensure I had backed up my data. Not done that yet so cancelled the procedure.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I tried both PCC and SEUS tonight and no updates. However I have ordered a Galaxy s2 now so I'm looking forward to that. I still want this Xperia update because it has been my first Android phone and although we have been together 18 months it is still in pristine condition except for some wear on the front buttons, I want to see how it handles 2.3.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well backed up my apps, data etc. Went through the Sony update service procedure only to be informed that I had the latest software. Carphone warehouse talking out of their rear end. :robotmad:
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you purchased your phone from CW then it should be unbranded
Highlighted
Anonymous

Highlighted
Anonymous

So we are still sitting here, 19th Sept and still no update for this phone?! Luckily my upgrade is next month and I certainly will be changing, might give O2 a rant too as my luck with phones has been awful. Only have this phone as a result of my Palm Pre never working (god what an awful choice of phone that was)
Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone & HTC seem to get preference. As SE users unfortunately it seems O2's answer is to just deal with it.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

iphone ios is ditcated by apple with no customasiation hence global launch of firmware same day . If all manufacturers followed the apple model then no delays in firmware but if issues with the firmware the manufacturers would be liable not o2. I did start a thread about this.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services