Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

Did Ollie tell you you would travel and meet a tall dark stranger too?
Highlighted
Anonymous

He did mention using the force at one point i'm sure! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am sure we will use some force when we shove our Xperia's right up their backsides when it comes to contract renewal Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Guys, thanks for all the updates on the thread - really hoping that 2.3 arrives asap!! If you hear anything further keep us posted!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think O2 are getting a bit p'd off with me. So far I have called almost everyday to ask where the update is. I have had the following frustrating replies:-
Online O2 guru: " We know nothing about this update "
O2 customer services: "Sorry don't know anything about this update are you sure you don't mean the Arc?"
Online O2 guru: India "Sorry we know nothing about this update"
O2 customer serrvices: - " You should contact Sony Ericsson"
O2 customer services: - " I have looked at the link you gave me and I have no idea why we don't know about the update, you'll just have to wait" .... "How long?"..... "I don't know"
I even asked emailed SE, their reply was much more informative but again disappointing.
"The updates are rolling out over the next few months it will take some time" and "it depends upon your network"
O2 will not be getting a re-newal contract from me next time!!
This is a complete farce they don't know anything and are not saying anything, very poor customer service.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I flash/rembranded mines and, to be honest, dont get too hung up on the update. It looks slightly different, doesnt do that very much different as a phone, the only real benefit I see is that battery lasts a little longer.
Sounds like the update has been hyped.
Update. It costs 10 pound stirling
http://simlock.com/tutorials/xperia-x10 ... 23-update/
Highlighted
Anonymous

one of the main benefits has to be apps can be saved to sd card.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Anyone manage to get the update yet?
The wifes phone contract came up for renewal at the weekend, and due to the delays I have experienced with my X10 on O2 I convinced her to switch networks.
Will be jumping ship myself as soon as my contract is done.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well, as the guru stated, "The end of next week" Is upon us!! lets have a show of hands who has the update then!!! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

The term Guru ....... courtesy of Wikipedia
A guru (Sanskrit: गुरु) is one who is regarded as having great knowledge, wisdom, and authority in a certain area, and who uses it to guide others (teacher). Other forms of manifestation of this principle can include parents, school teachers, non-human objects (books) and even one's own intellectual discipline, if the aforementioned are in a guidance role.
I am now preparing the oujia board so that I may finally get some proper answers, please all join hands ..................