Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

I give up! The only problem is that I have a year to go on my contract and O2 say I can buy it out for £240!
If only I had the money! Still, as they say.... "You live, you learn"
13 Months and counting until goodbye O2 & SE
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've booked a Guru tomorrow at my local store to get this answered once and for all, as we have had calls on behalf of the CEO saying it's SE's fault not releasing it after they have approved it and then Gurus' saying that O2 are not even in receipt of the update let alone testing it.
I also need to find which app is using 20Mb a day of my allowance as I'm boogered if I can find it!
I wonder what else he can can help me with regards making my X10 a little faster or maybe even getting it into 2nd gear would be nice.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I know it's frustrating as hell getting the update but O2 has not had a great history when it comes to updates for SE phones.
Let me clear a few things up based on the experience of the last few updates.
Firstly, SE will have released the update to O2 but O2 will have to check the software is compatible with any O2 branded 'bloatware' they feel fit to fill our phones with.
Secondly, the level of information regarding any updates is so hit and miss within the customer service from O2 that quite frankly it's like a bad sit com. One will tell you this and the other will tell you that and never the twain shall meet.
Thirdly, O2's commitment to any phone brand other than the iphone is non existent.
Finally, we WILL get the update but no matter what you are told regarding when, it will be when O2 get around to it. They have your money and have you tied to a contract so tough cookie you got to take it on the chin. I reckon they are hoping folks get so hacked off with waiting that when it comes to upgrades you will relent and buy an iphone and make them buckets of profit.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I know it's frustrating as hell getting the update but O2 has not had a great history when it comes to updates for SE phones.
Let me clear a few things up based on the experience of the last few updates.
Firstly, SE will have released the update to O2 but O2 will have to check the software is compatible with any O2 branded 'bloatware' they feel fit to fill our phones with.
Secondly, the level of information regarding any updates is so hit and miss within the customer service from O2 that quite frankly it's like a bad sit com. One will tell you this and the other will tell you that and never the twain shall meet.
Thirdly, O2's commitment to any phone brand other than the iphone is non existent.
Finally, we WILL get the update but no matter what you are told regarding when, it will be when O2 get around to it. They have your money and have you tied to a contract so tough cookie you got to take it on the chin. I reckon they are hoping folks get so hacked off with waiting that when it comes to upgrades you will relent and buy an iphone and make them buckets of profit.

I think, my friends you have hit the nail well and truly on the head!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Gillsfankev, Are you using the stock launcher? if so I suggest you get ADW from the market, I found that it made me like the phone again in terms of speed its much faster and has a lot of customization options. Also taskkiller is a must have. The app thats using 20mb a day will possibly be moxier or timescape.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Carlos, cheers for the info and I'll have a look.
I'm currently sat outside O2 store for my Guru booking and its all in darkness, locked up!
Great service! I understand they don't work bank holidays, but surely they shouldn't make the booking!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Gillsfankev, Are you using the stock launcher? if so I suggest you get ADW from the market, I found that it made me like the phone again in terms of speed its much faster and has a lot of customization options. Also taskkiller is a must have. The app thats using 20mb a day will possibly be moxier or timescape.

ADW!!! however did I live without it! Good call! Also it was skynews that was killing data!
Highlighted
Anonymous

ADW!!! however did I live without it! Good call! Also it was skynews that was killing data!
Good man Smiley Happy I got the paid version ADW launcher EX, I'm not sure how much it cost now but its defiantly the best purchase I ever made, totally changed the phone for the better. As for o2 guru's that was just laughable but also highly annoying.. Don't even know what day it is..
Highlighted
Anonymous

Another day and still waiting, I'm starting to think that 15th Sept is a more likely date if any!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Another Date!!!!
Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon.
You're through to Guru Ollie.
Ollie: Hi I'm Ollie. How can I help?
kev: hello, have you any idea when O2 will be releasing the android 2.3 update for its customers? SE released it 1st August so you must be near finishing the testing phase
Ollie: That's right but we haven't customized it yet. We're just checking the generic settings on how to improvise the function of the phone on our network once you download the new software.
Ollie: As soon it's available you'll receive a message to upgrade your software.
kev: any dates as a month so far seems excessive as voda & 3 have released it. Also O2 customers in Germany already have it?
Ollie: Yes, you're right.
Ollie: But you can expect this by end of next week.
kev: so by the 11th sept?
Ollie: Yes, you're right.
kev: thanks
Ollie: You're most welcome.
Ollie: It was a nice chatting with you and sorting your query.
Ollie: Do remember O2 Guru when you want any help with any technical questions about your phone. You find the info on the link given below.
Ollie: http://www.youtube.com/user/O2GuruTV?gl=GB
Ollie: Bye. Take care and have a nice day Smiley Happy
kev: cheers have a good day
Ollie: Cheers Smiley Happy