Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

nothing here. bored of backing everything up and then trying seus

In-case you were not aware. If the update does become available make sure you back up with a different method, not the "backup and restore" app, that app isn't available with the update, so any information you save in there is going to be lost.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I remember you gillsfankev I think from when we were all waiting for 2.1, that was a big thread with a lot of posts. I guess all those people got new phones or are unaware of this update. Which by all means isn't even guaranteed.

Smiley Very Happy Tis I!
I seem to remember signing off on that thread with "See you all for the next update"
I feel lost that only 2 of us have returned!!!
May have something to do with the fact that o2 have released some of the kits but not all as yet.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Somebody on a SE site said they contacted o2 and were told they will release it by the end of the month but they don't have a specific date.. they said there were some minor issues with email sync or something.. they then said a date of 15th August for release lol.. o2. Guess we will have to keep checking and speculating.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I hope they don't keep us waiting too long. By all means, they need to do whatever testing they need to do but the void of silence just does them a disservice.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I noticed my phone notifications this afternoon said there was a software update available. I've been looking forward all day to getting home and backing up and updating. I got home, changed the battery to a fully charged spare, went to update first through Pc companion and then through the phone. Both say I'm already up to date and the notification has gone from my phone.
Smiley Sad Not a happy bunny. I guess the wait continues. Come on O2. Chop chop.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I asked at the o2 shop in the shopping centre where I work as security and the guru said end of the month as they are testing and changing things! It ahouldnt take em that long tho surely! o2 will give me £109 for my phone and its £140 to buy out my contract! If they dont roll it out really really soon then I will be going to t-mobile, samsung galaxy s2 900 mins, unlimited text n internet £35 a month! thats what im paying now for this crappy x10! so the update better fix all the slow laggy issues i face everyday even just scrolling the menu or opening a text! Come on o2!!!! I would rarther stay with you!!! move ya a$$! lol! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

In-case you were not aware. If the update does become available make sure you back up with a different method, not the "backup and restore" app, that app isn't available with the update, so any information you save in there is going to be lost.

Yes, I read that on the original Sony blog thing. Although I do find it odd that we're losing the sony backup. I've purchased one from the market that seems to the same job, but thanks for mentioning it. Smiley Happy
Still nothing by the way! Hurry up o2!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, I read that on the original Sony blog thing. Although I do find it odd that we're losing the sony backup. I've purchased one from the market that seems to the same job, but thanks for mentioning it. Smiley Happy
Still nothing by the way! Hurry up o2!

No problem pal, Which backup app did you get? I still didn't get one.
I asked at the o2 shop in the shopping centre where I work as security and the guru said end of the month as they are testing and changing things! It ahouldnt take em that long tho surely! o2 will give me £109 for my phone and its £140 to buy out my contract! If they dont roll it out really really soon then I will be going to t-mobile, samsung galaxy s2 900 mins, unlimited text n internet £35 a month! thats what im paying now for this crappy x10! so the update better fix all the slow laggy issues i face everyday even just scrolling the menu or opening a text! Come on o2!!!! I would rarther stay with you!!! move ya a$$! lol! Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking to get the Galaxy s2 also, Roll on October when I can upgrade. In regards to the Xperia, you mentioned lag, I think the stock UI is terrible the app draw jitteryness is appalling. I use ADWlauncher EX and its the best buy I have ever made on the Android market, transformed the phone in my opinion and its very smooth.
PC companion now is unable to access phone update software information, This is happening all over the place not just in England. Well hopefully its back up and running soon with our updates.
Been thinking of flashing the phone with Wolfbreaks custom 2.3.3 but il give it another week or so.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Hey All,
According to some news sites the update has already rolled out and is coming only to unlocked handsets and may not come to all carrier-branded models. It was slated to be released in the 30th week and as promised it got released on last Monday. For more info you can visit:
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and ... now-984231
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well guys and girls
I tweeted @o2 over the weekend and they responded with
"Have you tried to sync your device with the PC software yet?"
This obviously made me think that it must have been released.... have now tried SEUS and PC Companion and it seems that they still have not released it?!! Stupid O2!!
Oh well one more month tomorrow and I'm upgrading to the Galaxy S 2!!