cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD cards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem on my new phone.

Last week i bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

After two days it started throwing up alarms about SD cards

I.E Removed SD card Insert a new one and

SD card damaged replace with a new one

Problem is i only have a sim card and battery in the phone

It is a bit anoying when these alarms keep coming back after i keep clearing the alarm

Any help and advice would be grateful

Many Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

You did not try to put the sim card in the SD card slot did you?

The only reason I mention it as I recently dealt with sweet old lady who did and managed to trash the contacts which resulted in the same kind of error messages.

Try blowing gently into the SD card bay to make sure there is no debris which could be interfering with the contacts.

Error messages can also be the result of software glitches. Try a factory reset, usually found under the privacy option in your settings (all data will be lost).

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some functions require an SD Card to be in the phone. Is it when you are doing something specific?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

You did not try to put the sim card in the SD card slot did you?

The only reason I mention it as I recently dealt with sweet old lady who did and managed to trash the contacts which resulted in the same kind of error messages.

Try blowing gently into the SD card bay to make sure there is no debris which could be interfering with the contacts.

Error messages can also be the result of software glitches. Try a factory reset, usually found under the privacy option in your settings (all data will be lost).

Good luck.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
THANKS FOR THE REPLY
No the problem happens anytime
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.
Definatly put sim card in right end,
have not touched SD end.
Have tried blowing on SD contacts and will see how it goes.
Thanks again for your suggestions
Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If problem persists I would insert an SD card anyway, even just a small cheap one. You should be able to pick up a 2/4Gb card for about £1.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd go with what MI5 says. Got an HTC works phone without an SD card an can't even get it to upgrade. Flashes up from time to time "Please insert SD card". Since it is a work phone I can choose to ignore it, but not if it was my Galaxt S3.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip on inserting a SD card

Taking Phone back to shop as it is iess than 2 weeks old,but will certainly remember your suggestions

Message 8 of 8