Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge battery fried...

AutismSupermum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, Saturday lunchtime I was visiting my Nan 30 miles away. As I got in the car to drive the 45 minute trip has me with my children, I plugged my Samsung S7 edge in to charge. On arrival home, I took the phone off charge and it had an overheating warning. From that point on, it would not charge at all. I looked through all different forums to see what the issue could be, tried all fixes like factory resetting etc and nothing. The last thing I tried was plugging it in to my laptop to see if the hardware was recognised.

within 5 seconds it was smoking! Thank goodness I noticed right away as it could potentially have set my house on fire with me and my two little boys inside!

contacted Samsung first, but as their product relations team were closed until Monday I decided to go through O2 as the phone was still under warranty. Sent it off yesterday, tracked it online to see that they are trying to charge me £229 as apparently it is a customer damage: burn marks on USB port.

have asked for them to send it back I repaired as Samsung have asked me to send it to them ASAP ...

anyone else have have similar Issues? It was not brand new when I got it from O2, it was a "perfectly fine" refurbished model

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Call into an O2 store with your sim. They will put it into one of the test phones and sort your code out. 

Message 11 of 18

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
When you go to the store to get your phone back, ask them to put your sim in a phone to get your code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

AutismSupermum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good thinking batman, never thought of that!

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
I guess they didn't offer you a loan phone either!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess they didn't offer you a loan phone either!

Suppose you have to ask or beg... 

Message 15 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think it was mentioned, but this whole thing has been done online, I don't  even know where my closest store is lol

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144779 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Ah, I see.
Hope you get it sorted soon.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

AutismSupermum
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ta very much for the advice, will update when I hear more from Samsung 

Message 18 of 18