cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Lollipop is simply terrible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd prefer to use other words in the title but I'd probably be banned.

So I took a chance an updated without looking at what I was about to install beforehand.

Noway was I expecting the childish colours that make me sick in my mouth everytime I send a text or look up a contact.

Seriously... who thought these colours were a serious option. This is a big mistake for the developers as there is no option to change... oh and I can't rollback to kitkat without odin and a potential void of the warranty.

It should be an option now to choose OTA installations and roll back or choose an OS. Just as you choose a distribution for servers, dedicated boxes and VPS from a data centre.

Video streaming playback has also changed, I assume codecs are different. This is so frustrating as I can't view contact I used to with kitkat.

So in my view LOLLIPOP IS S**T and a pointless upgrade bar a few small benefits.

I'm sure others have noticed the battery drain also.

So... If you could, please hurry up with a new update. I want my phone to continue to look like it did when I bought it, regardless if it is slightly faster.

And the Recent Apps section although now 3d carousel type.... looks pants and bland.

This is a downgrade, make sure to check it out before you install!!

mac
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff you are not daft at all. Shrewd is the word I would go for.
Message 11 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124315 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Cleoriff you are not daft at all. Shrewd is the word I would go for.

Shrewd in that others can lead with mobile phone technology....I will listen and learn and then make a decision

(It aint CPR after all @Anonymous ) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes one person to comment on here so far but a quick search on Google will show similar comments.

I'm 42 with a serious profession and would prefer my device not to look like something from fisher price.

I wasn't expecting such a major change to the pre school design so I think I could be forgiven as there has never been an OS released in this state.

As you've not installed it yourself I'm sure you're post would be different after seeing the battery drain 10% by the time you finished it.

You're post seemed more focused on me rather than practicalities of lollipoop.

CHEERS ANYWAY
Message 13 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last post @Bambino
Message 14 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
And what the hell are the LED notifications actually notifying now.

This is pants. Yes I'm annoyed.
Message 15 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
This is pants. Yes I'm annoyed.

I think we could have guessed mate wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I have 5.0.2 on a Nexus 7 and it's running well, battery drain is better than before although the menu options are in my opinion worse than KK. Some of the features such as timed interruptions I can do without, the mute button was much better and easy enough without having to go into the settings. No problems with the update itself though, the tablet seems more fluid than I remember it 3 months ago when it was broken. No stalling or freezing as it was prone to do very occasionally.

Message 17 of 38

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Must just be me my battery life is so much better love the material design good update i think
Message 18 of 38

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23560 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes one person to comment on here so far but a quick search on Google will show similar comments.

I'm 42 with a serious profession and would prefer my device not to look like something from fisher price.

I wasn't expecting such a major change to the pre school design so I think I could be forgiven as there has never been an OS released in this state.

As you've not installed it yourself I'm sure you're post would be different after seeing the battery drain 10% by the time you finished it.

You're post seemed more focused on me rather than practicalities of lollipoop.

CHEERS ANYWAY

Yes @Anonymous it was focused on you, as at that point you were the only one to have posted an opinion in this thread about what you thought of the OS. I thought the comments you made were very subjective. You may think it's a 'pre school design' but others may not. It all comes down to personal taste, and I'm sure the Android community is divided about it. I'm pretty certain that my phone will never get Lollipop, as it's too old, but my tablet probably will, and I'm looking forward to it. Had it been available immediately I wouldn't have gone for it, as I'm not an early adopter, which I've said in other threads.

You yourself admitted, and I quote: 'So I took a chance an updated without looking at what I was about to install beforehand.' Obviously it's too late for you now, but had you found those comments on Google that agree with your opinion beforehand, you probably wouldn't have done the upgrade, and this thread most likely wouldn't exist.

I hope for your sake, and for anyone else who is unhappy with the new OS, that it improves for you.

The joy of Android has always been that the user can customise the way their device looks. I'm sure the OS will continue to get better over time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can change the way it looks in the text settings, although most of the designs are flat colours. You can add images from your gallery, so you can choose from any of your photos or you can download anything you like from the internet and set that as the background. 

Message 20 of 38