Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra Sim Slot Type?

stevenb88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey all,

I’m looking at the S20 Ultra as my upgrade device and have a query.

I use a personal sim and a business sim (both with o2) and I read in the reviews and spec sheets that the Ultra has a hybrid sim slot, that can take a sim and memory card or 2 sims.

However I was caught out previously with a Samsung device which was advertised as dual sim from the network, when delivered it was single sim only and I was told in store that all devices sold by o2 are single sim and the hybrid sim slot isn’t available unless I buy sim free.

Can anyone advise if their Ultra or S20+ came with the hybrid slot? If your box has 2 imei’s then it’s a hybrid sim if you are unsure 😀
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@stevenb88 

That's a question that @Chris_K could answer for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions
@stevenb88 The spec on the O2 page says it's dual sim.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/samsung/galaxy-s20-ultra-5g
If you have an O2 store nearby you could always go in and see for yourself.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The S20 Ultra we're selling definitely supports dual SIM, though currently I'm unclear on if this is physical dual SIM via a hybrid SIM tray (ie, 2 x nano SIM or 1 x nano SIM + 1 x microSD), or dual SIM via a physical SIM and an eSIM. Either way though, the phone absolutely supports dual SIM slight_smile

If I can find out for sure around if it's physical dual SIM i'll let you know, or our friendly store staff can double check from their stock if you're near an O2 shop thumbsup

EDIT: Confirmed physical dual SIM. With the hybrid SIM slot tray, you can choose SIM + microSD or SIM + SIM.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 4