Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ Poor Signal Reception

woodmj
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, Was rather disappointed with the poor signal reception of the S10+ I took receipt of today.
Have soft reset the phone, reset the network settings, re-seated the SIM, wiped the cache partition, upgraded to the latest firmware & apps all to no avail. As soon as I put my SIM back in my S9 good reception is restored.
I guess all I can look at is returning the phone now but I just thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has come across the issue & how they might have solved it?

Local service was changed to band 40 here recently bringing LTE+ to so service has been good on my S9. I wanted a '+' phone for the bigger screen & the latest for RAM & processor improvements.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@woodmj 

Clearly faulty so get it swapped immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

HellDiverUK
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, it sounds like you got a dud.

My S10+ has good signal, similar to my iPhone XSMax I had before.  

OnePlus 8 Pro 8/256GB Grey, Huawei Nova5T 6/128GB Blue, iPhone XS Max 256GB Grey
Message 3 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @woodmj, any update on this one? Were you able to exchange your phone and was is replacement working OK? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

woodmj
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Am hoping to get a replacement tomorrow. The whole process has got rather long & messy.
Message 5 of 8

woodmj
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I also hope it was indeed a faulty phone & not that the S10+ doesn't handle band 40 very well. The radio was reporting over 10dbm less signals than I had/across the board though so I'm hoping it was just a fault.
Message 6 of 8

woodmj
  • 54 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I got a replacement. It's better than the last one but not as good as my S9. Very strange. I guess the S10+ wasn't designed with good cell radio reception in mind & other components were given a higher priority.
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for updating us on your situation @woodmj. It's a shame the signal is not as strong as your previous phone but as long as it's at a functional level that's the main thing. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8