cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted access changed, voice service is blocked = Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Today this message keeps coming up as a notification 'Restricted access changed, voice service is blocked' on my Xperia S and then I can't call out or receive calls for about 5 mins.  When I tap the notification it just disappears and have no idea why I go from not being able to call out and then it works.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The message simply means that you don't have any network coverage. It could be a faulty sim or it could be a network issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had exactly the same problem this afternoon with an Xperia T. Rang customer services but they said they hadn't seen the problem before so didn't really know what to suggest. Their answer was that it could be a problem with my sim card so are sending me another to try, and if that doesn't work then the final idea was to try a soft reset, otherwise it's send the phone back. They also suggested that the phone was switching some setting on and off, but weren't sure where I'd find it.

After taking my SIM out, wiping it and putting it back in, I haven't seen the notification, so that might have solved the problem. Going to monitor it over the weekend and see what happens before trying new sim. Glad to know it's not just me that has the problem and it's not phone specific (although it may be to the Xperia line).

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

there may be a bar on your account, call cs from a landline or use live chat as they can confirm if there is any issue with your account. all information is in the contact us page at the bottom, are your bills all up to date

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The message simply means that you don't have any network coverage. It could be a faulty sim or it could be a network issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replies everyone slight_smile  It's fine now so assume it was something to do with the network

Enjoy the snow

Message 5 of 5