Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected credit

Kelly86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why am I getting declined for credit for a tablet. I have two devices on my bill and I am.not in arrears? Please help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Kelly86 This is a customer community. We wouldn't know. You can try to call customer service, but it will be difficult getting through.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Kelly86 , when you sign up for a Refresh device plan agreement like for a tablet, you will have a credit check run for the total amount of the device. This is checked with independant credit reference agencies like Eqifax and Experian who make a decision on whether lending that amount is deemed appropriate or not and is not controlled by O2. So whilst your payment history with O2 may be perfect, this is not what is being checked, unfortunately. 

You can reduce the amount of money you are effectively borrowing by increasing your upfront payment towards the device and by checking your credit score and history - there are plenty of free online sites that allow you to do this. 

Unfortunately, running multiple checks by trying to place multiple orders can also negatively effect your credit score, so it is recommended to wait 30 days before trying again. 

I hope this helps. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 3 of 3