cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock unsuccessful

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, I was an O2 customer until yesterday when my sim was discontinued. I rang O2 around a month ago, paid of my device plan and spoke to them about terminating my contract and unlocking my phone which they said should be fine. However I find myself in another country now with a sim that doesn't work and a phone that can't take another sim. I have tried contacting O2 via the website but unfortunately aside from this message board I have been unable to find any other methods to get in touch with them. Can anyone help me out in figuring out whats going on? 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have Skype, or another VOIP client you can call O2 Customer Service for free on 0800 032 1402. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous obviously the phone wasn’t unlocked. I’d suggest contacting O2 again

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be happy to if you can suggest a method of contacting them that doesn't involve a phone call. As that's the one thing I'm lacking here. I've scoured the website and can't find any form of email addresses, the online chat feature is not available and my own O2 number has now been discontinued and no longer active.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You will have to contact via a landline as they don’t do email anymore 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 4 of 12

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have Skype, or another VOIP client you can call O2 Customer Service for free on 0800 032 1402. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for, I'll look into doing the Skype call today and hopefully resolve this situation.
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymousyou could also try live chat this morning . They should be open at 8am UK time

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When a phone is unlocked you get emailed a code to enter when inserting a non o2 SIM card.
Check spam folders to see if the unlock code is in there.
Unlocking help here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Hope you're able to get it sorted @Anonymous. Please come back and let us know how you got on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, how are you this week? As it's been a few days since you last posted, I wanted to check if you got your phone sorted ok in the end?

Message 10 of 12